Thursday, July 29, 2010

insecurities

We all have them. And they strike at the most inconvenient times. As a strong, independent, confident female (or at least I think that's what I am...), I'd like people to believe that I never look at myself in the mirror and analyze every last detail of my body, or leave the house wondering if my new co-workers will like me. Or wonder what on earth my amazing boyfriend could possibly see in me. And at a time in life when I supposedly should be in my physical prime (not just in appearance, but strength too), I often think I passed my prime about five years ago. Insecurities are no fun, but they're something we all have to deal with, no? So, like so many other things, the fact that we have them isn't really the issue. The important thing is what we do with them? Do we let them make us weaker or stronger? I let myself cry a little bit today. This isn't a common occurrence (unless I'm in chapel. cut me some slack ok?), but today, I just needed to let it out. Because sometimes I feel like I'm not enough and too much at the same time. And that applies to so many areas of life. But at some point, I have to wipe my tears and stand up to myself. One of the biggest challenges in life is to overcome yourself - the ego. And my ego better believe that I'm a fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment